[yocto] Yocto Boot Question

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:22:31 PDT 2018

Hi,

I've successfully booted a BSP using USB thumb drive (.hddimg type).  I've two follow-up questions -

  1.  The BIOS offers "Serial Install" which seems to copy the USB boot image over to SSD.  Would SSD be using the same .hddimg type?  Right now, after the above install, when I switch boot order to try both SSD (0 and 1), booting doesn't seem to work.
  2.  When using network boot option, what image type should I use?

It would be great if details have already been documented somewhere.

Thanks,

Raymond