[yocto] Adding debug output in recipe

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 23:05:36 PDT 2018

Hi Anuj,

"bitbake -e" is very useful for debugging out-of-tree build issue.  However, looks like I have another issue.  From "devtool build" output, I could see variables passed into makefile.  Let's focus on "CC" for now:

CC=x86_64-poky-linux-gcc  -fuse-ld=bfd

If we compare this to "bitbake -e" dump:

export CC="x86_64-poky-linux-gcc  -m64 -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 -mfpmath=sse -msse4.2 --sysroot=/a/ryeung/dev/yocto-git/yocto_build/build/tmp/sysroots/intel-corei7-64"

You can see somehow the variable is modified.  Let's focus on --sysroot portion.  Without it, there seems to be no way for me to control LIBRARY_PATH's value.  The result is that the linker couldn't find crti.o and a few other files.  By manually adding back --sysroot portion, I could now get past this failure, onto the next.

I suppose, as a possible final solution, I could do:

$(CC) --sysroot=$(KERNEL_SRC) ...

I'm really looking for simpler, more intuitive solution.  What about the missing "-m64 -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 -mfpmath=sse -msse4.2" in the export?

Raymond