[yocto] Problem with packages during "devtool build"

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:07:57 PDT 2018

Hi Robert,

I'd already read the out-of-tree example; it's the first thing I checked.

After some changes in 3rd party Makefile, I'm running into errors in do_compile step.  My new question now is, how the Makefile picks up cross-compile INC path, as well as the LINKER path.

The variable KERNEL_SRC isn't enough to provide the needed clues for the above.  And it'd be a bad idea to hardcode paths in 3rd party code.

Is there an easy way to have devtool pass in more variables?  And what variables should we use?

Raymond