[yocto] Problem with packages during "devtool build"

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:22:19 PDT 2018

I figured out a way out of my do_compile problem in my last post.

By accident, I stumbled on "bitbake -e virtual/kernel" command in one of the many manuals.  Executing this in directory where belayer.conf is defined would give me all the expanded values of all variables.

Some of these variables are actually exported.  I tried referencing a few of them, and they actually have values consistent with my build environment. The trick now is to pick and choose those that make sense for compile and for link.  And unfortunately, I'd need to modify the 3rd party S/W for at least this much to include them.

Does this make sense?

Raymond