[yocto] Problem with packages during "devtool build"

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:02:54 PDT 2018

"inherit module" is already in recipes/cgosapi.bb file.  In fact, as I use devtool to "add" the recipe to workspace layer, this .bb file is autogenerated.  I only added the last line that sets KERNELDIR that 3rd Party software's Makefile uses.

Below is edited cgosapi.bb file with all generated comments removed for reference.  Note also that there is also a generated cgosapi.bbapend that specifies location of the 3rd party software.

LICENSE = "GPLv2 Unknown"

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://CgosDrv/COPYING_GPL2;md5=b234ee4d69f5fce4486a80fdaf4a4263 \

                    file://CgosMon/COPYING_BSD2;md5=ed45fbc9a3094e85642610390226ff9c \

                    file://CgosLib/COPYING_BSD2;md5=ed45fbc9a3094e85642610390226ff9c \

                    file://CgosDump/COPYING_BSD2;md5=ed45fbc9a3094e85642610390226ff9c"

SRC_URI = ""

inherit module

EXTRA_OEMAKE_append_task-install = " -C ${STAGING_KERNEL_DIR} M=${S}"

KERNELDIR = "${KERNEL_SRC}"