[yocto] Problem with packages during "devtool build"

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:08:20 PDT 2018

Resent, after subscribing to the list.

________________________________
From: Raymond Yeung <rksyeung at hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:40 PM
To: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Problem with packages during "devtool build"

I've some 3rd party Makefile-based software I'd like to integrate to a working Poky snapshot.  The following are done:

  1.  devtool add cgosapi <source path>
  2.  Edit workspace/recipe/cgosapi/cgosapi.bb.
     *   Implement do_install to move files on build machine to directories on target.
     *   Files include a .so, a .ko, along with 2 other binaries.
  3.  devtool build cgosapi

At step 3, I got following error:

ERROR: cgosapi-1.0-r0 do_package: QA Issue: cgosapi: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:

    /lib

    /lib/modules

    /lib/modules/4.4.26-yocto-standard

    /lib/modules/4.4.26-yocto-standard/extra

Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.

cgosapi: 4 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]

Where do I get the above 4 lines; they're BTW directories, not files?  I googled online and found use of FILES_${PN}, but didn't help.  And the "extra" directory seems generated; I don't have it.

Raymond