[yocto] Kernel configuration patches not persisting?

Giordon Stark kratsg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 07:48:36 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I have a custom board with custom kernel config changes. Because of that, I
append the u-boot recipe as well:

https://github.com/kratsg/meta-l1calo/blob/master/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-xlnx_%25.bbappend

with my machine.h and defconfig files here:
https://github.com/kratsg/meta-l1calo/tree/master/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/gfex-prototype4

I find that when I make a change in the defconfig, such as "
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=n", bitbake properly recompiles all the necessary
components... however, when I look at the running kernel configuration:

root at gfex-prototype4:~# cat /proc/config.gz | gunzip > run.config
root at gfex-prototype4:~# vi run.config
root at gfex-prototype4:~# cat run.config | grep CONFIG_CPU_IDLE
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=y
# CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_LADDER is not set
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_MENU=y

it seems my change still wasn't propagated? I looked at the instructions
here (
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html#changing-the-configuration)
but I'm not sure I want to duplicate my defconfig file into a second
location to bbappend the linux-yocto.

Have I done something wrong? Am I missing something else?

Giordon
--
Giordon Stark