[yocto] out of tree module dependencies

Russell Peterson bluehills7 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 16:42:36 PDT 2018

Hello,

I have some out of tree modules that I have added to my custom meta layer.
Normally things work fine, however, when I modify these recipes every now and then the do_configure fails because the recipe_sysroot directory is not populated.  This seems related to the kernel-build-artifacts and the make_scripts task as well but I can’t quite figure it out.  Seems like the prepare_recipe_sysroot should execute but in these cases it does not.

I realize I didn’t provide much info here but anyone see something like this before?  I do have an unpack_extra task as well that may somehow be related?