[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Has anybody run VC4 + X + recent meta/masters lately

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 05:17:24 PDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 5:10 AM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 6:45 AM, Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> After party hangover: sddm and kde look horrible with this patch.
>> Should respect linear if requested explicitly - wonder if that slows
>> down horses...
>

> Out of curiosity, are you going to follow up on this? Maybe with the mesa
> people?
> When I encountered this issue, my google-foo didn't yield anything.
I did already [1].

My problem was that meta-raspi-light did not enable dri3 explicitly
any more. meta-raspi-light uses more PACKAGECONFIG defaults coming
from oe-core's mesa. There was a change in oe-core's mesa that enables
dri3 only if x11 AND vulcan are enabled - and I don't have vulcan in
DISTRO features (there will be no vulcan support for VC4). So my
builds disabled dri3.
After fixing my problem I've tried to turn the thread in the direction
of your chromium problem. The fact that I did not get further response
can either mean that Daniel is out or that my question was that stupid
that he is not willing to give further support (and I think this is
the case). Have not looked into that further but I think dri2/dri3 is
an either/or - there is no configuration supporting both.

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2018-March/190645.html

Andreas