[yocto] Configuration fragments not making it into kernel configuration

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Sat Sep 30 20:22:59 PDT 2017

All,

I've created a bbappend that appends to the linux-yocto-rt recipe to
simply apply configuration fragments.  I've been using this recipe for
some time (through many releases) but since I moved to the morty branch
my fragments aren't getting applied to the actual kernel configuration.
 The kernel_configcheck task doesn't catch the error either.

What I'm trying to do in a nutshell is disable the in-kernel IGB driver
and use my own, patched version.  The configuration fragments are
installed by my recipe in:

<build>/tmp/work/corei7-64-intel-common-sigma-linux/linux-yocto-
rt/4.8.3+gitAUTOINC+6d028d2818_4057556c04-r0/

However the .config file at:

 <build>/tmp/work/corei7-64-intel-common-sigma-linux/linux-yocto-
rt/4.8.3+gitAUTOINC+6d028d2818_4057556c04-r0/linux-corei7-64-intel-
common-preempt-rt-build/.config

doesn't have the necessary configuration - it still has the default.

I know I can fix this by simply doing a menuconfig, but that isn't the
proper way to do it - I have multiple BSP layers that do the same thing
and they all behave in the same way.

What am I doing wrong?  I've attached my layer that contains the
recipe.  If the fragments are getting installed I think the recipe is
working right - but is there something in the lower-level class that
isn't working or do I have a configuration that is breaking it?

Any help or direction is appreciated.  This has been really frustrating
since I know I've done this before and all the threads I've found on
the lists from before haven't really given an answer - maybe I just
missed the golden thread?

Thanks!
Jon

--