[yocto] rootfs encryption support

Kumar, Shrawan Shrawan.Kumar at harman.com
Tue Sep 26 03:29:36 PDT 2017

To add further information to the query , I am executing  "cryptsetup"  from a recipe as below : (Yocto 2.0.2)

fakeroot do_install() {
               cryptsetup --type=plain open hello.enc demomap < dm-crypt-key

}

Additional debug log :

+ do_install
| + cryptsetup --type=plain open /path_to/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-elina-linux-gnueabi/DM-CryptSetup/1.0-r0/hello.enc demomap
| Cannot initialize device-mapper. Is dm_mod kernel module loaded?
|
| Cannot initialize device-mapper. Is dm_mod kernel module loaded?
| + bb_exit_handler

Ideally , I was under impression that "fakeroot" shall have allowed to me achieve the goal.

Thanks & Regads
Shrawan