[yocto] Sysroot bug in bitbake or wrong configuration?

Svein Seldal sveinse at seldal.com
Thu Sep 21 04:33:14 PDT 2017

Perfect, that worked.

On 21. sep. 2017 03:45, Andre McCurdy wrote:
 > Since image recipes don't have a do_configure task (or at least, they
 > do their work in tasks such as do_rootfs which don't depend on
 > do_configure), using the DEPENDS shorthand for setting dependencies
 > for the do_configure task doesn't work.

Technically, this isn't a Yocto image recipe per se, but a general
recipe for processing some file which happens to have the name "image"
in it. The naming was perhaps a little misleading.

Notice that this recipe does not disable the default tasks, so all of
them run, including do_configure. What I learned after some
experimentation is that DEPENDS seems to works fine if you place your
custom tasks after the do_configure tasks:

     addtask do_spu_rootfs before do_build after do_compile

This construct seems to work even if you disable the confiugre task with
do_configure[noexec]="1"

But agreed, this works because of the implicit dependency on
do_populate_* by do_compile. Setting the dep explicitly with the
"longhand" format is more robust.

Best regards,
Svein