[yocto] externalsrc: enable sstate for git srctrees based on makefile

Rajendran, Vignesh (RBEI/ECF3; ADITG/SW2) external.vrajendran at de.adit-jv.com
Mon Sep 18 23:39:52 PDT 2017

Hi Yocto,

I am already aware of sstate never works for externalsrc recipes.

My environment is using externalsrc in recipes for makefile based sources in git.

I am aware that the source is not going to change and only builds one time in my production build.

I want to use sstate if nothing has changed in my next build/bitbake.

Is it possible to enable setscene tasks if the source is in git and srctree_hash_files reports nothing has been changed in git srctree?
https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/classes/externalsrc.bbclass#n181

Do I have to consider some other constraints as well?

Thanks in Advance.

Best regards

Vignesh Rajendran