[yocto] how to execute bitbake menuconfig from ssh server

Aaron Schwartz aaron.schwartz at logicsupply.com
Wed Sep 13 04:24:42 PDT 2017

Tmux [0] also works well for this, and I've never tried it with Screen (a
similar utility) so here's instructions using Tmux:

You need to install Tmux on the server you are using SSH to connect to,
then as soon as you SSH into the server run `$ tmux`.  Then when you run `$
bitbake -c menuconfig ...` it will automatically open a second pane on the
bottom half of your screen where you can edit your kernel config.  That
pane will close automatically when you exit the menuconfig application.

I hope that helps!
Aaron

0)  https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 7:17 AM, yahia farghaly <yahiafarghaly at gmail.com>
wrote:

> can you give some steps on how to do this ?
>

> On 13 September 2017 at 10:54, Yusuke Mitsuki <
> mickey.happygolucky at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> You can use screen.
>> If your host is ubuntu,you can get via apt as follows.
>>
>> sudo apt install screen.
>>
>> If necessary , you can set auto or screen to OE_TERMINAL environment.
>>
>> 2017/09/13 16:09 "yahia farghaly" <yahiafarghaly at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working with yocto from a remote server using ssh. i want to
>>> execute *bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel*  . It fails to open
>>> since it tries to open another shell.
>>> how can i redirect output of menuconfig to my current ssh session ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Yahia Farghaly
>>> Graduated from Faculty of Engineering - Electronics and Communications
>>> Department at Cairo University.
>>> Linkedin <https://linkedin.com/in/yahiafarghaly> - GitHub
>>> <https://github.com/yahiafarghaly>
>>>

>>> --

> Yahia Farghaly
> Graduated from Faculty of Engineering - Electronics and Communications
> Department at Cairo University.
> Linkedin <https://linkedin.com/in/yahiafarghaly> - GitHub
> <https://github.com/yahiafarghaly>

Aaron Schwartz