[yocto] Suitable machine for yocto

Usman Haider usmanhaider89 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 01:22:32 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Alex Lennon <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
> wrote:

> On 11/09/2017 00:56, Mark Hatle wrote:

>>> source mirror on an internal network leg could be set up then that might
>>> significantly reduce chargeable network b/w...
>>>
>> premirror for downloads and sstate-cache shared between multiple
>> customers could
>> reduce the network b/w far enough to make it economical.   But you would
>> need to
>> trust other vendors since the sstate-cache can be manipulated to provide
>> malicious software (in some cases).  (And strengthening the sstate-cache
>> checking can cause enough extra overhead to make it 'cheaper' to build
>> then use
>> sstate-cache in many cases.)
>>

> Interesting... Thanks for your thoughts.
>
> Cheers, Alex

Hi,

Thanks all for your inputs.  As I am a beginner in Yocto and I'll be paying
myself so after going through all your emails and IRC chat Iam thinking of
going with something like 6core/12threads 16GB RAM and 1TB or more hard
disk with clock of 3.x GHz.  I'll be building for Rpi, beaglebone and Zynq.

Now looking for tutorials and documentation for starters :)

Thanks again.

Regards,
Usman