[yocto] The basehash value changed from...

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 00:43:41 PDT 2017

Hello Mike,

> You should be able to do "bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5 angstrom-lxde-image"
in one go. That should be faster than two separate runs.

Thank you, Mike. It does work for me.

> If you need two distros, make two build enviroments from them. You should
share the sstate-cache directory between them
> (saves tons on building compilers and such) but not the "tmp" directory.

Mike,

I have heard (unofficially) that Fedora 26 does NOT allow the sharing of
sstate-cache directory between the projects. Myself, I did not very that
yes (first approach worked for me), since I started again YOCTO (I used
very briefly YOCTO 3 years ago) with Fedora 26. Will be interesting to find
out if Fedora 25 allows that (my best guess it does).

Hello Max,

> Please note the '... and all succeeded'. So the basehash error did not
break the build.

Noted (even immediately after load was built/then).

> I think the basehash error is due to the use of the DATE variable and
> that the following commit fixes it in master:
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=
4af13a4855c74cea9cf6c168fd73165d7094bf93
<http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=4af13a4855c74cea9cf6c168fd73165d7094bf93>

> However Stefan is still in the process of backporting said commit, so you
still
> see the error in morty.
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/
2017-August/141582.html
<http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-August/141582.html>
I would not go so far. My best take on this topic is Fedora gpg
public/private key usage. Once one installs Fedora 2x distro, the
particular gpg keys are also installed, which are verifying the Fedora repo
packages downloaded, coded by default key pairs.

But other (private) repos sometimes use another pairs of keys. Then, the
packages would not install. Using the option: --nogpgcheck allows to
install such a package (NOT verifying the keys).

Something similar should be done with YOCTO, my best guess... IMHO.

P.S. Max, please note F25/F26 sstate-cashe (potential) sharing issues!

Thank you all,
Zoran