[yocto] Working behind a Palo Alto firewall/proxy

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Wed Sep 6 14:42:18 PDT 2017

Hi List,
Does anybody have any experience trying to run Yocto behind a Palo Alto firewall. The Palo Alto firewall basically works as a Man in the Middle system, it hands out its own certificate to boxes behind it and then decrypts and re-encrypts traffic going through it. The Palo Alto box is supposed to act as a transparent Proxy.

I'm getting an error that the 'server certificate verification failed' about an hour into a yocto build. The certificate that the Palo Alto box is sending to my system is self-signed so will fail if checked for a valid root CA, and also is not from whatever site is being downloaded from.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg Wilson-Lindberg
Sakura Finetek
310-783-5075