[yocto] about add python3 modules

Lai Y.C. yclai017 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:36:29 PDT 2017

Hi,

I need to include python3 and some modules on my board. We are using yocto
1.7.1 .
I have included python3 and python3-modules into the image.
Python3 is able to run but there are problems with the modules.

1. when I import "subprocess" module,  it gives errors that the module
"_posixsubprocess" is not found. How should I include _posixsubprocess ?
2. There are couple of modules that are installed but they are found when I
used it. i.e. I have the argparse.py in /usr/lib/python3.3. However, the
module is not found when I try to import it. (tested with python3 -c
"import argparse"). Any clue what hasn't be set-up properly?

Thanks

//Ying