[yocto] libcap compile error

Remco Poelstra remco+vogels at beryllium.net
Tue Oct 24 02:23:02 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I’m new with the Yocto project and I’m still trying to find my way.
I’m using a Hachiko board using Architech SDK and have managed to build
and run the standard image.
As a next step I wanted to include the avahi mdns implementation. In
order to do so I included IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ avahi”
When I now run bitbake, I get the following error for libcap_2.22.bb:
| cap_file.c:8:23: fatal error: sys/xattr.h: No such file or directory

The compiler has a switch
‘--sysroot=/home/architech/architech_sdk/architech/hachiko-tiny/yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/hachiko’,
which indeed does not include this file.
Is that the location where the file should be? How can I add it? Is this
a more general bug in Yocto or just my local setup?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Remco Poelstra