[yocto] Overriding openssh sshd_config file in custom recipe

Andreas Enbacka andreas.enbacka at gasera.fi
Fri Oct 20 05:24:58 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am trying to create a .bbappend file to customize the default sshd_config
file as part of the default openssh package in Yocto Fido. In the custom
file I attempt to disable root login access by setting the PermitRootLogin
to No. However, after building and installing the image on the custom SMARC
board, the content of the sshd_config file still enables login
(PermitRootLogin Yes). I have checked the content of the installed rootfs
before deploying to the board, and the content of the sshd_config file is
correct (disables root login). What could be the cause of this? Is some
other process modifying the content of the config file?

Best regards,

Andreas Enbacka