[yocto] Problem with populate_sdk

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Thu Oct 19 11:26:14 PDT 2017

I'm trying to build an SDK for a Raspberry Pi3, and I got a problem with the files from one of my custom recipes.

In my recipe I have:

FILES_${PN}-dev = "lib/lib${PN}.a lib/lib${PN}_unix.a lib/pkgconfig include/canfestival/*.h"

The *.a files get put into staticdev not dev in the package split.

In my image recipe I've added:

IMAGE_FEATURES += "dev-pkgs  staticdev-pkgs"

I get all of the libraries in my image. In the SDK I don't get the *.a libraries from the staticdev, I do get the header files which were put into dev.

So, at this point I'm a bit confused, even though I include both the dev & staticdev I am only getting the dev files in the SDK. And, also, why are the *.a libs being put into staticdev in the first place?

Regards, Greg