[yocto] image dependent pkg versions/pkg variations

Mon Oct 16 02:10:19 PDT 2017

Hi Andy,

On 2017-10-12 01:08, Andre McCurdy wrote:

>> What would you suggest?
>
> Create additional variants of the machine config to cover each case,
> e.g. myboard.conf, myboard-debug.conf, myboard-dummy.conf, etc
>
> The -debug, -dummy, etc variants can include the original base version
> of the machine config file, so there doesn't need to be any
> duplication.

Thanks, I thought about this as well, but since it's actually the same
board I would like to avoid encoding it in the MACHINE this way.

Anyhow, following this idea I was told that there is also something like
this[1].

So maybe something like this could work:

bitbake \
multiconfig:customerA:stable-image \
multiconfig:customerA:bleeding-image \
multiconfig:customerB:stable-image \
multiconfig:customerB:bleeding-image

where it would be the same MACHINE, but different images and package
versions, which could be defined in the configs.

[1]
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#platdev-building-targets-with-multiple-configurations

Regards,

Robert