[yocto] How do I patch binutils for the SDK

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 12 20:52:05 PDT 2017

> From: Khem Raj [mailto:raj.khem at gmail.com]
>
> You can apply the patch to all binutils variants, its fine.
> Send a patch or if you
> want, file a ticket in bugzilla and we will take care.

Yocto's Bugzilla isn't recognizing my password, and when it says that it's
emailed me a password change message, it doesn't show up. However, the
four small patches are in the Sourceware binutils-gdb GIT repo, at the
link I mentioned:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;h=39865a7f420ab4c
a4dec6ed27339618a5d5dc366

Just to verify, my binutils-crosssdk_%.bbappend file contains:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/binutils:"

SRC_URI = "                         \
    file://gas_as.h.patch           \
    file://gas_ChangeLog.patch      \
    file://gas_input-scrub.c.patch  \
    file://gas_listing.c.patch      \
    "

and the patches from that Bugzilla page are in a binutils directory. The
errors I get indicate that the patches are being attempted, but aren't
matching up with any source files.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com