[yocto] image dependent pkg versions/pkg variations

Wed Oct 11 11:24:12 PDT 2017

Hi,

I would like something like this:

1) Produce just a single toolchain like

2) Choose packages depending on image recipe

So far so good. This should be pretty standard, but

3) Different package versions depending on the image recipe?
Well actually I would like to have root file systems with different
recipe versions inside
e.g.
Customer 1: prg1_1.1.bb, prg2_2.2.bb
Customer 2: prg1_1.2.bb, prg2_2.1.bb

4) Different package variants (e.g. extra compile flags) depending on
the image recipe? Again different content of rootfs.
e.g.
Customer 3: prg1_1.1.bb (default), prg2_2.2.bb with extra CFLAGS=-DUMMY)
Customer 4: prg1_1.2.bb (default), prg2_2.1.bb(default)

===

Is this possible at all?

I could define per distro image versions, but the name of the distro
e.g. "poky" seems to be part of the compiler prefix, which is not nice
and I would need to build the same toolchain multiple times, which again
is not nice.

If the choice is based on e.g. the distro variable I could use it to
distinguish in the recipes between different build variations, but again
not nice.

What would you suggest?

Regards,

Robert