[yocto] Adding test case in LTP in Yocto

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 11 05:29:02 PDT 2017

On 10/11/2017 03:28 PM, Umamahesh Yelchuruvenkata wrote:
> Hi Maxin,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Before sending it for review, I have to test via LTP/Yocto.  I am new to yocto /LTP, trying to understand how to add it.
> It is that only way to add my files is through patch files?.
>
> Please suggest.

You can use 'devtool modify ltp' to get a local copy of ltp source tree,
and then modify it as needed. Then issue 'bitbake <image>' as usual to
build an image with the local modifications to ltp. When you are happy,
create commits using git in the local source tree of ltp, and issue
'devtool update-recipe ltp' to get them added as patches to the ltp recipe.

Alex