[yocto] Basic question: "core-image-minimal" v.s "core-image-base" ?

Jerry Lian jerry.lian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 08:08:54 PDT 2017

Hi, all:

I have a basic question: how to tell the difference between
"core-image-minimal" and "core-image-base"?
* If we look at file* \poky\meta\recipes-core\images\core-image-base.bb
<http://core-image-base.bb>*
=======================
SUMMARY = "A console-only image that fully supports the target device
hardware."

IMAGE_FEATURES += "splash"

LICENSE = "MIT"

inherit core-image
* how can we tell that "core-image-base" will include "support for a
variety of hardware such as WIFI, bluetooth...", as compare to
"core-image-minimal"?
* Do I miss any other document that I need to read?

Thanks!