[yocto] Missing /etc/resolv.conf

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 7 00:30:10 PDT 2017

(Yocto Pyro, using systemd configured with resolved, networkd, timedated,
timesyncd)

/etc/resolv.conf is supposed to be symlinked to
/run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf, which gets updated with the DNS address
received from DHCP, but it's not. Looking through systemd_232.bb, I see
that do_install() uses sed to edit /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/etc.conf to set up
this link. When I run the system, I see that etc.conf does indeed have
this edited line, but there is no /etc/resolv.conf.
systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service runs successfully. Isn't that what's
supposed to execute all the junk in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d? All the
abovementioned servers are running.

Am I missing something?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco