[yocto] Another question about yocto

Mark Hieber hieberm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 17:31:48 PDT 2017

I am trying to build
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/plain/meta/recipes-devtools/desktop-file-utils/
into my image.

My local.conf has IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " desktop-file-utils-native"

and bblayers.conf has
BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /yocto/poky/meta \
  /yocto/poky/meta-poky \
  /yocto/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
  /yocto/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  /yocto/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-python \
  /yocto/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \
  /yocto/poky/meta-selinux \
  "

When I run bitbake core-image-full-cmdline, I get

ERROR: Task do_populate_sdk in /yocto/poky/meta/recipes-extended/images/
core-image-full-cmdline.bb rdepends upon non-existent task
do_package_write_rpm in
/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/desktop-file-utils/
desktop-file-utils-native_0.23.bb

ERROR: Command execution failed: 1

I have struggled to add packages to my image, is this the correct way to do
this? Is there something missing in desktop-files-utils-native_0.23.bb that
should be there? According to the error message, it is looking for a
non-existent do_package_write_rpm method.

Thanks,

Mark