[yocto] package error for custom devtool recipe

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Oct 2 18:26:21 PDT 2017

Hi Greg,

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 1:30:25 PM NZDT Greg Wilson-Lindberg wrote:
> I get some package errors when I build this:
>
> ERROR: QA Issue: acsccid: Files/directories were installed but not shipped
> in any package:
>   /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers/ifd-acsccid.bundle/Contents/Info.plist
>   /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers/ifd-acsccid.bundle/Contents/Linux/libacsccid.so
> Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they
> are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
> acsccid: 2 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
>

> I've added some FILES = lines to try to get rid of the error to no avail:
>
> FILES_${PN} = "${libdir}/libacsccid.so"
>
> or:
>
> FILES_${PN} = ".libs/libacsccid.so"
>
> or just:
>
> FILES_${PN} = "libacsccid.so"

The reason none of these work is that none of these actually match the file
path (not to mention you are setting the value outright instead of adding to
the existing value). The path you are trying to match is
"/usr/lib/pcsc/drivers/ifd-acsccid.bundle/Contents/Linux/libacsccid.so" so the
value you want is either exactly that path, or something like
"${libdir}/pcsc/drivers/*/Contents/Linux/*.so".  Also, instead of = use += so
that you are adding to the existing value.

> and:
>
> PACKAGE_BEFORE_PN = "info"
> FILES_${PN}-info = "Info.plist"

This isn't right - in PACKAGES (via PACKAGE_BEFORE_PN) you are placing "info"
and then setting FILES_${PN}-info i.e. the package is named "${PN}-info".
Probably the thing you want is to prepend this package to PACKAGES:

PACKAGES =+ "${PN}-info"

Cheers,
Paul

--