[yocto] Perl build question

Greg Sterijevski gsteri1 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 08:53:08 PST 2017

Hi,

I am building an operating system for a Gumstik Overo using the Poky-Krogoth branch. The build box is an openSuSe box. The build progresses quite a bit until I hit:

MiscXS.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xde00080, needed 0xdb80080)

for the qemu documentation as well as

ERROR: glibc-2.23-r0 do_package: QA Issue: glibc: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
  /usr/share
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
glibc: 1 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
ERROR: glibc-2.23-r0 do_package: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.
ERROR: glibc-2.23-r0 do_package: Function failed: do_package
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /vms/oe5/overo/tmp-krogoth/work/cortexa8hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.23-r0/temp/log.do_package.1041
ERROR: Task 344 (/vms/poky-krogoth/meta/recipes-core/glibc/glibc_2.23.bb, do_package) failed with exit code '1'

I have seen this email: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2016-January/028128.html

But I am not sure what exactly this means.

Thank you!