[yocto] How to generate SPDX Information

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 05:57:00 PST 2017

Hello,

due to the fact there is a license troll who actively sue German
companies. I did some research to comply ith the need to provide the
copyright information within my YOCTO builds. My research ended up
with the spdx.class which includes support for the fossology tool. But
the current version of fossology does not support the spdx plugin used
in the spdx.class anymore [1] This plugin is not updated since 4
years. As an alternative there is the DoSOCSv2 tool [2] for which a
Patch by Lei Maohui exists which was not accepted and Lei ended up in
a separate layer called meta-spdxscanner [3].

So my specific question is, what are the recommended actions to comply
to provide copyright information with the sourcecode/binary? What is
the state of the art at the moment and how do the users of oe/yocto
solve this requirement.

Thanks in advance,
Christian

--