[yocto] Contribute meta-installer to yocto

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Nov 27 09:20:16 PST 2017

On 11/21/17 3:24 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 21 November 2017 at 08:55, Hongxu Jia <hongxu.jia at windriver.com
> <mailto:hongxu.jia at windriver.com>> wrote:
>
>     If yocto is interested in this layer and will accept it,
>     I could send pull request or some one directly fetch
>     from above github master branch.
>

> Are you asking for a git repo on git.yoctoproject.org
> <http://git.yoctoproject.org>?  If you want one I believe the process is to ask
> Michael Halstead.  There's no reason why it can't be maintained in this
> repository forever though,  just submit it to the layer index.

The request is for more then just a repository.  (We can get a repository
anywhere..)  What he is asking for is, is this something that the Yocto Project
itself wants to own.  He is still offering to be the maintainer of the layer,
but the project being owned by the Yocto Project itself has more implications.

etc... what happens if he is no longer able to willing to maintain the layer.. etc.

In addition, my understanding is a target based installer has places to insert
logos.  Currently these are blank.  If the Yocto Project wants to be the home
for this, then I would also hope that specific logos would be approved for use
within the default installer instance.

If this is outside of the scope of what the Yocto Project itself wants to own,
then OpenEmbedded is the next place that might see value in this.... if not,
then a github project will be fine.