[yocto] Contribute meta-installer to yocto

Hongxu Jia hongxu.jia at windriver.com
Tue Nov 21 18:56:31 PST 2017

On 2017年11月22日 06:28, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 10:24:59 AM NZDT Burton, Ross wrote:
>> On 21 November 2017 at 08:55, Hongxu Jia <hongxu.jia at windriver.com> wrote:
>>> If yocto is interested in this layer and will accept it,
>>> I could send pull request or some one directly fetch
>>> from above github master branch.
>> Are you asking for a git repo on git.yoctoproject.org?  If you want one I
>> believe the process is to ask Michael Halstead.  There's no reason why it
>> can't be maintained in this repository forever though,  just submit it to
>> the layer index.
> It's now in the layer index FYI, though actual metadata updates are currently
> broken unfortunately - Michael is working on the latter I believe.

I have already submitted it to layer index, but the git repository is
still point to the github.

http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-installer/

Does the metadata updates clone it from github to yocto
if it is accepted? I think I should ask Michael for help.

The OE guy (Armin) seems interested to meta-installer
(previously I have added/submitted 40+ recipes to OE for
the preparation of meta-instaler public). If OE could accept
meta-installer, it is very convenience to maintain all of them
in one place.

//Hongxu