[yocto] Question on the U-Boot recipe

x cddatemp at 163.com
Fri Nov 17 21:34:59 PST 2017

Hello

I use the rocko branch to compile a rootfs for my allwinner A20 board.
When build u-boot, it needs to compile a libfdt Python module, which shows as below:

    *** binman needs the Python libfdt library.
    *** Either install it on your system, or try:
    ***
    *** sudo apt-get install swig libpython-dev
    ***
    *** to have U-Boot build its own version.

So I add 'DEPENDS += "swig-native"' to the recipe.
After that, it show that:

    unable to execute 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc': No such file or directory

It look like that libfdt should be compiled as a native library.
So I make a soft link named x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc to /usr/bin/gcc, and then it's OK to build u-boot.

How to correct this problem in a good manner?

Best regards
cddatemp