[yocto] Detecting all AUTOREV usages in a build, for reproducible stable production builds.

Paul Knopf pauldotknopf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 02:06:30 PST 2017

I want to store/fix AUTOREV values for production builds. I saw
BB_CACHE_POLICY, but the format (sqllite) isn't something that can be
checked in.

Let's say I have an image:

bitbake my-image

How do I detect any dependency that is using AUTOREV?

I'd like to generate a dynamic.conf file that fixes the SRCREV values for
relevant packages.

I guess I could do a normal build, then read the sqllite database, and
generate a .conf from it. Does this sound feasible?

Any other strategies?