[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Nov 7 08:28:11 PST 2017

Attendees: Stephen, Joshua L., Armin, Stephano, Michael, Brian, Richard, Joshua W., Mark, Patrick, Pascal, Randy, Saul, Manju,

Agenda:

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
*       YP 2.4 (Rocko) Final was released on Thursday Oct. 26th.  It provides a number of key new features including upgrades to the kernel, gcc, glibc, and many new recipes.  It also includes improvements to Python 3, go support, wic, devtool, Bitbake server and significant improvements to automated QA testing, both in coverage and performance.
*       YP 2.5 planning is in process, please get you enhancement requests into bugzilla.
*       YP 2.2.3 (Morty) is planned to be built and sent to QA shortly.

* Opens - 10 min
*       Richard - Discussed issues of intermittent failures on the AutoBuilder.  See Weekly Status report for details. Removed Fedora 25 build machines since it is EOL shortly and was failing. May have a fix for the SUSE builders' intermittent failures.  Master and the other branches are not frozen, but it is making merging patches quite slow.

* Team Sharing - 10 min
*       Richard - Discussed focus for YP 2.5 but not yet finalized the themes yet.  Container improvements, YP compatible V2, Layer Setup efforts, Test automation improvements, software update tools.
*       Richard - Discussed removing gcc 6 from YP 2.5.
*       Randy - Discuss limiting supported kernels to 2 per release, but some have had 3 and Pyro had 4 which produced a lot of support issues.
*       Richard - Discussed distributed builds, but multi-config needs to be finished and we don't have the resources to complete at this time and don't want to do an incomplete job.
*       Richard - Would like to add more layers to our QA testing, but not sure we have the bandwidth at this time to do it.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:             (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                      (208) 244-4460
* Email:                                stephen.k.jolley at intel.com