[yocto] Slightly varying builds

Colin Helliwell colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Thu Nov 2 10:22:21 PDT 2017

> On 02 November 2017 at 16:59 Alexander Kanavin <alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/02/2017 06:50 PM, Colin Helliwell wrote:
> >

> > u-boot-w2_1.inc has the standard kind of recipe stuff. For creating env files, and files to be used for later signing, it has some _append steps, so I'm aiming to use 'DEP_IMG' to create the various files with different prefixes for the two variants.
> > Strangely though, an 'echo ${DEP_IMG}' is outputting the same value ("u-boot-prodn") from both recipes, even after a cleanall on both. Possibly some state info being pulled in somewhere?
>
> Not sure if this will help, but start by not using the -dev suffix. It
> will clash with -dev packages produced by (any) recipe.

Thanks Alex, that has indeed resolved the problem of DEP_IMG not changing.

Still getting the "trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist" error on the second [-dvl] bitbake. And a cleanall throws

"ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide u-boot:
  /home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2-dvl.bb
  /home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2.bb
A list of tasks depending on these providers is shown and may help explain where the dependency comes from.
/home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2.bb has unique dependees:

/home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2-dvl.bb has unique dependees:

It could be that one recipe provides something the other doesn't and should. The following provider and runtime provider differences may be helpful.
/home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2-dvl.bb has unique provides:
  u-boot-w2-dvl
/home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2-dvl.bb has unique rprovides:
  u-boot-w2-dvl-dev
  u-boot-w2-dvl-doc
  u-boot-w2-dvl
  u-boot-w2-dvl-staticdev
  u-boot-w2-dvl-dbg
  u-boot-w2-dvl-locale
  ^u-boot-w2-dvl-locale-.*
/home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2.bb has unique provides:
  u-boot-w2
/home/colin/trunk/fsl-community-bsp/../meta-ln-karo/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-w2.bb has unique rprovides:
  u-boot-w2-doc
  ^u-boot-w2-locale-.*
  u-boot-w2-dev
  u-boot-w2-staticdev
  u-boot-w2
  u-boot-w2-dbg
  u-boot-w2-locale"

That doesn't seem to imply too much conflict, so might be something simple...
It's nearly dinnertime - :) - so I could, to make absolutely sure, try a thorough cleanout by deleting tmp/ and see what happens.