[yocto] Customize SDKPATH

Jonathan Poulin jopoulin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:43:17 PDT 2017

Hello,

As we build different images for the same machine, I would like to
customize the SDKPATH to include the image name. This way our application
developers can install the different sdk related to each image.

To do that I firstly create my custom distro conf where I set the SDKPATH
this way:

SDKPATH = "/opt/${DISTRO}/${SDK_VERSION}/${IMAGE_BASENAME}"

But it doesn't work because the populate_sdk task depend on many other
packages that also use the SDKPATH variable. IMAGE_BASENAME is define as
${PN} so all other package install sdk files in a different folder. (the
value of PN is different for each package).

Is there a way to set IMAGE_BASENAME to the image name used in the command
"bitbake -c populate_sdk <image_name>" in a way that all package recipe see
it?

thanks
Jonathan