[yocto] [Yocto pyro] username adding via recipe in capital letters allowed?

Shrikant Bobade bobadeshrikant at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 05:07:07 PDT 2017

Hi ,

I am using yocto pyro and for creating users via recipe using inherit
useradd, followed
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta-skeleton/recipes-skeleton/useradd/useradd-example.bb?h=pyro

with lowercase I am able to create user e.g user as expected.
but just want to check username adding via recipe in capital letters
allowed?

I tried capital/upper & lower case mixed user e.g. User Or only with
capital/uppercase e.g. USER I am getting failure
ERROR: user-1.0-r0 do_prepare_recipe_sysroot: user: useradd command did not
succeed.

based on current findings it seems capital letters not allowed, but it is
worth to confirm once if anyone faced similar stuff and there is any way to
do it.

Any pointers or details will be helpful.

Thanks
Shrikant