[yocto] How to replace an arch*.inc file?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 26 20:52:36 PDT 2017

> > On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 2:34 AM, Paul D. DeRocco
> > <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to try the Linaro version of arch-armv8.inc in
> > an RPi3 project,
> > because it has an ilp32 tune option. What's the correct
> > way to incorporate this?

> From: Andrei Gherzan [mailto:andrei at gherzan.ro]
>
> Probably the easiest way would be to create a new machine
> configuration. Where is this linaro version of arch-armv8?

It's here:

<http://git.linaro.org/openembedded/meta-linaro.git/tree/meta-ilp32/conf/machine/include/arm64/arch-armv8.inc>

I'm not clear about how the system finds these include files. Is there a way to store this file, or the same file under a different name, somewhere in my own layer? I normally treat the rest of the metadata as read-only.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com