[yocto] webkitgtk2 progress bar

Leonardo Sandoval leonardo.sandoval.gonzalez at linux.intel.com
Wed May 24 07:46:42 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-05-24 at 16:23 +0200, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I see that the latest master update has brought a progress bar
> for this (and presumably other 'cmake' based packages) - very nice :-)
>
> Now [tongue-in-cheek], can someone do something about the horrendous
> build times for such packages (webkitgtk2 can take up to 3 hours on
> my [no so slow] build host!)?

this is not easy and from my side what I have done some profiling based
on the buildstats to figure out the top consumers recipes/tasks. As you
mentioned, webkitgtk is the winner, at least for utimes!

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/MortyBuildstats
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TipsAndTricks/InvestigatingBuildTime

Leo