[yocto] unmodified binary RPM installed on rootfs?

Russell Peterson bluehills7 at comcast.net
Mon May 22 17:16:44 PDT 2017

Thanks for the response, Alex.

I took your advice and have a fairly simple recipe working now.  Basically it unpacks the binary rpm and then reforms a new rpm.  Seems to work fairly well but I have yet to fully test it.  I do like this solution in that the rpm dependencies are checked which is nice (I was using —nodeps previously).

Of course, I decided to go for the gold and attempt to get this recipe to handle a binary .tgz file that contains itself multiple rpm files (one is binary, the other is a source rpm for the kernel modules).  I added a do_unpack_extra function to do an rpm2cpio | cpio operation on the binary rpm… and now see cpio malformed errors.  My guess is the rpm uses compression… but shouldn’t the rpm2cpio handle that??

Thanks again for the advice.

Russell