[yocto] What can I share between projects?

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Fri May 19 04:47:21 PDT 2017

On 19-05-17 03:43, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> If I'm doing multiple unrelated Yocto based projects, and they use the
> same version of Yocto, and the same metadata (except for my own layers),
> am I right in assuming that I can share everything in poky, downloads, and
> sstate-cache, and I only need separate build directories? (I normally put
> downloads and sstate-cache next to my build directory, rather than inside
> it.)

You can share BOTH the downloads and sstate-cache. You can safely share
sstate-cache between various versions of Yocto (OE) and distros, machines,
etc., it was designed just for that.

Our build server keeps a single sstate-cache for about 30 projects, with 4
versions of OE, 3 distros, and a dozen MACHINE configs. No problems encountered.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Products
Materiaalweg 4, NL-5681 RJ Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: +31 (0) 499 33 69 79
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topicproducts.com
Website: www.topicproducts.com

Join our presentation at Electronics & Applications 2017:
FPGA for real-time data processing, subject “Hardware platform for industrial ultrasound steel plate Inspection” Topic Embedded Systems - Herman Kuster, 1st June 10 AM

Visit http://eabeurs.nl/author/612884/ for more information