[yocto] QtWebEngine cannot show google sites due to certificate errors

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Fri May 19 04:49:09 PDT 2017

On 10-05-17 12:52, Andrea Picaro wrote:
> Hello, i compiled Yocto Morty for an mx6 machine.
> QtWebEngine works fine for all sites (included https by ignoring certificate
> errors) apart
> from google sites.
> I've found other info about this issue googling around but it seemed
> to be solved in latest chromium builds and none of the solutions tested gave
> results.
> All google sites gives ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE and i see this error in console:
> ERROR:cert_verify_proc_openssl.cc(238)] X509 Verification error certificate
> has expired : 10 : 3 : 2

Sounds like a clock mismatch. Set the time and date of your machine to
something close to the real world, and usually this solves it.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Products
Materiaalweg 4, NL-5681 RJ Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: +31 (0) 499 33 69 79
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topicproducts.com
Website: www.topicproducts.com

Join our presentation at Electronics & Applications 2017:
FPGA for real-time data processing, subject “Hardware platform for industrial ultrasound steel plate Inspection” Topic Embedded Systems - Herman Kuster, 1st June 10 AM

Visit http://eabeurs.nl/author/612884/ for more information