[yocto] Install Torch7

Abayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 06:34:22 PDT 2017

Dear Fabien and Jussi,

Thank you very much for your time and concern.
After your suggestion I tried to find out all those packages installed by "bash install-deps". However I found that these deps are required to build JIT version of Lua, as mentioned on the official Torch website.
So instead I used Lua 5.2 instead of JIT, which does not require to run "bash install-deps" first. And this time after I generated Torch recipe using devtool and tried to build it, the compilation proceeded to nearly 96%, then thows an error saying:
Could NOT find Wget (missing:  WGET_EXECUTABLE)
| -- Could NOT find MD5 (missing:  MD5_EXECUTABLE)
| -- curl found instead of wget :/home/abayiz/trunk/poky/build-hello/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux/torch/2.1devel+git999-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/curl
| CMake Error at exe/luajit-rocks/luarocks/CMakeLists.txt:77 (MESSAGE):
|   MD5 checker not found

However in the 'devtool' generated recipe file, I found this line:
# NOTE: unable to map the following CMake package dependencies: CUDA CUDNN BLAS ARM Torch SSE MD5 MAGMA LAPACK Readline
DEPENDS = "wget jpeg ncurses libpng"

Seems like wget is already set as built-time dependency but the system doesn't see it, as well as MD5. Do you have any suggestion for that?Thank you again.
Best.

    On Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:17 PM, Fabien Lahoudere <fabien.lahoudere at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

 On Thu, 2017-05-18 at 12:02 +0000, Abayiz wrote:
> Dear Fabien,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.
> No, I didn't try 'devtool edit-recipe torch' to add dependencies. Actually I didn't know how to
> add them. Is there any way to directly call that .sh file there??
> Could you give me a minimal example to illustrate it?

Usually we add build dependencies with DEPENDS = "..." and runtime dependencies with RDEPENDS =
"..."

So you need to check dependencies installed by "bash install-deps".
Can you list them? Maybe recipes exists in which case you have to add them to the variable described
above.