[yocto] Install Torch7

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Thu May 18 05:56:26 PDT 2017

On 18 May 2017 at 15:02, Abayiz <abayiz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> No, I didn't try 'devtool edit-recipe torch' to add dependencies.
Actually I didn't know how to add them. Is there any way to directly call
that .sh file there??

That shell script is very specific to a handful of distros. It will only
help you as a reference.

For the cache variables even the shell script wouldn't help: the project
just won't cross-compile on any distro unless you set those by hand.
I assume something like this in the recipe should help:
    EXTRA_OECMAKE = "-D<variable>=<value>  -D<another_variable>=<value>"
Experiment with one of the variables and see if you can make one of the
errors go away.

After that you will have to ensure each dependency is available at
build/run time as needed: Some of them will just require you to set DEPENDS
or RDEPENDS correctly, some may require you to write a recipe for the
dependency first.

> Could you give me a minimal example to illustrate it?

The documentation is extensive, I suggest you read the 5.3 section of the
dev-manual, especially 5.3.10. Dependencies:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#new-dependencies
and get back with specific questions if that doesn't help.

Based on a quick look I'd expect Torch to be quite tricky to package, be
prepared for new problems on the way.

Jussi