[yocto] Problem using Subversion in Pyro

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu May 18 05:40:48 PDT 2017

On 05/18/2017 02:40 PM, Alan Levy wrote:
> I have a recipe that fetches code from an SVN repository and uses
> ${SRCPV} to obtain its version number. This works fine under Morty but
> the recipe crashes out with an error under Pyro because it can’t find
> the SVN executable.
>

> Eventually I traced this down to the fact that SVN is missing from the
> list of host apps defined in HOSTTOOLS in bitbake.conf. If I add an
> assignment in local.conf to append svn to HOSTTOOLS all is well again.
>

> I think that this is almost certainly a bug but I thought I’d raise the
> question here just in case it’s really me doing something wrong.

There is a subversion recipe in oe-core, and it should be built (in the
native variant) specifically for this purpose (base.bbclass):

         # Svn packages should DEPEND on subversion-native
         if scheme == "svn":
             needsrcrev = True
             d.appendVarFlag('do_fetch', 'depends', '
subversion-native:do_populate_sysroot')

BUT... we no longer have recipes in oe-core that fetch from svn:// so it
does not get tested, and may well have regressed.

Can you check if it does get build, and whether the subversion binary
gets installed into your recipe's sysroot?

Alex