[yocto] How to install libraries directy to the target during image building?

Abayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 08:47:44 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I'm new to Yocto. On my Ubuntu host machine, I can install my desired package (namely 'dlib') using pip3. For instance in Ubuntu:

pip3 install dlib
Now I want to install this 'dlib' package on the qemux86. I've successfully added pip3 on it. What should I do so that when I build my image, the generated image will contain 'dlib'? Is there any way to directly package the 'dlib' while building the image?

Thank you in advance.
Abayiz