[yocto] Install Torch7

Abayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 01:37:57 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I'm quite new to Yocto, I've successfully built qemu and ran helloworld example on it. Now I'm trying to install Torch 7 (https://github.com/torch/torch7) library. What I did is:

   - devtool add torch https://github.com/torch/torch7.git
   - devtool build torch

But the build exits with error, in the attachment I share the log file with you.
My host machine runs Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and Torch7 is successfully running on it. The installation of Torch first requires to run the 'bash install-deps' command on Ubuntu. My rough estimation is that Yocto seems like cannot build those dependencies automatically.

Could someone give any help on it? Installing Torch7 is very important to my project now, thank you in advance.

Best,
Abayiz