[yocto] dhcp eth0 network

gmail.com balazovic.peter at gmail.com
Sat May 13 10:59:24 PDT 2017

>after you manually configure with ifconfig, can you actually connect to
>external devices on the network?
Yes, I can connect - network works fine with external devices...

BTW usually I do changes of "interfaces" file at /etc/network to switch
between DHCP or static IP.

>>auto lo
>>iface lo inet loopback
>>
>>auto eth0
>>iface eth0 inet dhcp

after reset eth0 is not up and I do always

>>ifconfig eth0 10.171.88.8 netmask 255.0.0.0 up

So for now I can set static IP and network works fine but I want to have
DHCP and have that configuration permanent.